Vocational Qualification in Business QB
Business skills are needed in all sectors of the world of work! For example restauranteurs, barbers, hairdressers and florists need business skills to calculate profits from different products offered or to make advertising material or to market their product or service.
The QB “Merkonomi in English” graduate has a wide range of skills such as customer-oriented business skills, sales skills, communication and interaction skills, language skills, computer skills and financial management skills. They are at home in both social and digital environments and can network professionally. They can be an entrepreneur or develop into a managerial position. The graduate can work on existing products and services or develop new products and services or develop new customer experiences.
As a QB graduate, you can work in a variety of jobs such as
- Customer Service
- Marketing Communications
- Service Design
- Office Servicesin many different companies in many different countries or start your own company.
Competences aqcuired after completion
Qualification in Business (QB) graduates have competences in customer-oriented sales, how to serve customers effectively and efficiently in customer service, how to use business communications and interaction to gain exposure of their product or service to their targeted customers, languages and financial management.
They can work in various digital environments and have the basic capabilities required for entrepreneurship or marketing and sales tasks and the capabilities and competences required in first-level management positions.
They also have the capabilities to develop new products and services, customer experiences and other customer solutions profitably. Based on their choices, students can work as a constructive 2nd in command to an entrepreneur.
Many of our graduate students have moved on to either higher education or started their own businesses.
General information on studies
- The duration of studies is about 2,5 years, depending on previous experience and previous studies.
- The scope of the qualification is 180 Competence Points (CP), which include 145 CP of vocational studies and 35 CP common studies.
- Study is full-time in Herttoniemi, Helsinki and the school day is usually 9.00-15.00.
The minimum entry requirements for all applicants
- Finnish language skills at level A2.1
- English language skills at level B1.2.
- Computer literacy
- Residence in Finland
- Over 18 years old
- The will to make a positive change in your life
Please also note the following if you are accepted to study at Careeria
- You will need a computer.
- You need proper health insurance for the duration of your studies (travel insurance is not enough).
- You need to have about EUR 6500 per year of study in cash in your own bank account (to cover living expenses).
- You will need to apply for a residence permit for study purposes.
More information about residence permits for studying in Finland.
Residence permit application
Contents of the diploma
The scope of the qualification is 180 competence points (cp) including 145 cp of vocational studies and 35 cp common studies.
Compulsory vocational modules
- Customer service, 20 cp
- Profitable operation, 20 cp
- Acting in a work community, 15 cp
Optional vocational modules
- Sales, 30 cp
- Working in a Project, 15 cp
- Marketing communications and content production, 30 cp
- Planning a business, 15 cp
- Communication and interaction skills, 11 cp
- Skills in mathematics and natural sciences, 6 cp
- Societal and working life competences, 9 cp
- Optional learning outcomes in common units, 9 cp